Activities & Excursions
Many exciting activities are included with your registration. These may include a walking tour of the town with a visit to the local Church and la Maison du notaire, a musical performance, traditional dance lessons, a gourmet dinner with the Director and staff, a fun phonetics workshop and more!
The following activities and excursions, fully arranged by us, are optional.
Whale watching cruise
Tour of Île aux Basques
Visit to Parc du Bic
Live and Learn the Language
Spend your mornings in the classroom brushing up on your French language skills and your afternoons in workshops or exploring the beautiful Basques region of the Bas-Saint Laurent.
Participate in a walking tour of the town and stroll down the main street lined with colourful brick and wooden houses constructed in the style of old Quebec. Learn to orient yourself at the town's main intersection, marked by the post office, the city hall, and the magnificent stone church whose triple spires serve as a landmark for river traffic. Hike through the breathtaking parc du Bic, take to water by kayak, and go whale watching along the St. Lawrence River.
Spend your evenings absorbing French language and culture through film and music and socializing with fellow students and the community.
What to Bring
- A dictionary, notebook, pens and pencils. WIFI is available at the school for laptops and mobile devices.
- Photo identification and health card and/or health insurance card, insurance number and plan details. Please note: provincial health cards will be honoured in Trois-Pistoles.
- Warm clothing and rain gear appropriate to northern maritime climate. The weather is often variable and can be cool.
- Hiking boots or good walking shoes for the various excursions.
- Spending money for optional trips and activities.
- Personal toiletries and any medication that you regularly require.
- A cell phone or a phone card that will work in Quebec.
- A swimsuit and beach towel, if you plan to visit the community pool or beach. Your host family will provide bed linens and towels.
- You may rent a bicycle from your host family or from the local bike shop. A helmet and reflective clothing are strongly recommended.