Destination Clic Rimouski
Destination Clic is a summer bursary program for enrichment in French as a first language for students in Grades 8 and 9 residing outside of Quebec. This program, offered at our Rimouski, Quebec campus, will allow you to improve your French language skills in a 100% francophone environment.
To be eligible for this bursary, participants must meet the following criteria:
- be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
- have your permanent residence outside of Quebec;
- be enrolled in a French-language school (French as a first language), in Grade 8 or 9;
- have been a full-time student for at least one semester during the current school year.
Note: Students who speak French as a first language but do not attend a French-language school may also apply, but further documentation or assessment may be required to ensure that they have the required level of fluency.
The Destination Clic bursary is worth $2000 and covers the cost of the course, food, instructional materials and accommodation. In some instances you will also be reimbursed for a portion of your travel costs. The bursary does not cover the non-refundable registration fee ($275) or optional activities (Quebec City trip $150).
How to Apply
1. Apply online for a Destination Clic bursary at destinationclic.ca before March 31.
2. Send a paper copy of your application (signed and sealed by your institution) along with required proof of citizenship, to your Provincial Coordinator, post-marked no later than March 31. The Coordinator's address will be listed on the cover page.
3. Wait for the draw results in April. If you are a bursary recipient for our program in Rimouski, you will receive an email from Destination Clic and registration details from Western University.