French Immersion School
The School in Trois-Pistoles
Western's French Immersion School is the oldest immersion program of its kind in Canada. Chosen in 1932 by Western University as the ideal location to facilitate the integration of French-language students into a French-speaking community, the lovely town of Trois-Pistoles, and its residents, have always been vital to the success of this unique educational experience. The School is committed to Western University's standards for academic excellence.
Classes are held in the regional secondary school, École
The French Immersion School offers different lengths of immersion programming:
- Five weeks or three weeks for students eighteen and older (adults are more than welcome)
- One week preparatory program for students enrolling in the
five or three weekprogram
- Two week program for French as a second language teachers, both core French and French immersion
- One week or
two weekintensive program for adults eighteen and older
- One week for families with children ages 6 to 13
- Three weeks for francophone teenagers in grades 8 and 9 at our Rimouski campus
Western's 100% francophone environment at one of the most renowned French immersion schools in Canada, is a great way to learn a new language or upgrade and enhance existing language skills.