Rich in heritage and culture, Quebec is a vital and thriving part of the French-speaking world. In Trois-Pistoles, you can enjoy Quebecois music, theatre and art. Living with local residents, you become a member of the community and experience first-hand what makes Quebec society unique.
The French Immersion School in Trois-Pistoles offers an extensive and varied program of social and cultural events and activities. Special interest clubs enable you to meet, exchange ideas, and participate in activities appropriate to your particular level of French.
Extracurricular activities we have offered in the past include:
- Concerts and plays performed by francophone groups
- Student talent shows, poetry readings and folklore evenings
- Tournaments for badminton, volleyball, basketball, soccer, tennis, and ping-pong
- Outdoor activities including bicycle trips, swimming, kayaking, and hiking excursions
- Language workshops (phonetics, DELF/DALF exam preparation)
Sociocultural activities offer experiences that enhance the language learning process and form an integral part of the immersion program. You are expected to participate in these activities on a regular basis. Some activities will be mandatory, while other sociocultural activities are optional. Any optional activity is offered as a valuable supplement to the regular program. Depending on your interests, there may be additional fees up to $500 for these optional activities.
Popular optional activities we have offered in the past include:
- A weekend trip to Quebec City
- Whale-watching in Rivière-du-Loup
- Visits to Mont Albert, Parc du Bic and Île aux Basques
Excursions provide you with an excellent opportunity to become better acquainted with the town of Trois-Pistoles and the Bas-Saint-Laurent region.